Monday 10 July 2017

Here we go!!




Well, I'm outside of the U.K for the first time in my life! The whole flight experience was better than I thought it was going to be, with the only down-side being that the flight was delayed an hour, but again, it helps with the experience.


When me and Dad (again, Dad kindly came on the same flight as me, to make sure I arrived safely) got to Amsterdam, we got on a train to Rhenen, with the train like a double-decker bus, as it had seat above the ground floor! Along the journey, we both got a bit excited seeing our first windmill in Holland!! After arriving in Rhenen, we dropped our bags off where we were staying for the night, and went out for a bite to eat, and trying out some Dutch beer.


Image may contain: 1 person, standing, sky and outdoorToday I got picked up by an employer of Batouwe (one of the Nurseries that I will be working for 3 weeks). Gerrit took me to the place that I will be staying for the 6 weeks, which  is a small bed and breakfast. The owners are really nice and accommodating as well. I have a small room to myself, which has a double bed and desk!


After dropping off my luggage, we drove to Batouwe (pronounced: bat-ow-er) ready to start my first day at work. I had a tour around the Nursery, which is very impressive. After my tour, I went straight into work by helping take cuttings from Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' plants.

In the afternoon, I helped get an order ready for being taken to another Nursery in Holland, where these plants will be raised, which when they are mature will be shipped to garden centres in the UK.


I have made a couple of friends already, who have kindly invited me to play football this Wednesday evening, followed by a beer, as it's their last game of the season. I have also been invited to mountain biking one weekend as well!


I should also be getting a bike tomorrow, so that I can cycle to work everyday (starting to feel more Dutch!)
I am working 5 days a week- starting from 7:00 am - 4:15 pm.

God bless, Josh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment